Last Updated on
When we think of vacuum cleaners we usually think of carpets and rugs but those kinds of vacuum cleaners are not designed to clean floors. If you live in a home with laminate floors then you probably know that laminate floors are the easiest to clean and maintain – if you have the right stuff. So today we are going to have a complete guide for the Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors.
Think of the days when cleaning meant getting all sweaty with a broom and a mop while spending hours cleaning the floors and still not being able to get the best results every time. Thanks to the vacuum cleaner, designed especially for laminate floors, you can now keep your floors squeaky clean without breaking a sweat and that too within minutes.
You can even get rid of tough dirt and stains with very little effort. Since this is such a popular device that is found in most homes today, we decided to review some of the best vacuum cleaners for laminate floors.
So we were able to come up with our top 10 picks based mostly on what other customers had to say and of course the best value for the price. If you are interested in a laminate floor vacuum cleaner for your home then this list and our buying guide will hopefully help you make the right choice.
10 Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors Reviews
We have reviewed the 10 best laminate floor vacuum and mop for you. Here you can see the products list at a glance:
- Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940
- Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner, FH40160PC – Corded
- Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor Stick Vacuum Cleaner, 81L2A
- iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
- iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop
- iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner
- bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop, Rouge
- Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer, 313A
- Hoover Hardwood Floor Cleaner FH40010B
- Bissell Lift-Off Floors & More Pet – Cordless
Comparison Table for Our Top 3 Vacuums for Laminate Floors
If you prefer to clean your floors with a little bit of steam then you will love this product. Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop is one of the Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors that not only deep clean laminate floors but also leaves your home smelling fresh and sanitized.
The vacuum comes with a SmartSet digital steam control that allows you to adjust the steam between low, medium and high so you can get exactly the right amount of steam required to clean any mess. Normally steam mops work slow and cannot work on tough stains but thanks to the built-in flip-down scrubber you can now remove dried spots and dirt in no time.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals. Eliminates 99. 9Percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts
You no longer have to clean any hard to reach areas by hand before using your vacuum because the scrubber reaches crevices and spots which the steam mop alone cannot. It comes with two mop pads, a normal one for everyday cleaning and the other with the scrubbing strips for days when you wish to give your home a deep cleaning.
The water tank is located on top of the steam mop which can be refilled anytime during the cleaning process. It is recommended to use distilled or de-mineralized water instead of tap water if you want really shiny floors.
You also save a lot of money when using this device because it does not require any chemicals or cleaning products to do its job and you are actually instructed not to mix any chemicals in the water tank. The low mop and slim design allow you to reach under sofas, beds and all other areas of the house so you do not miss a spot.
If you want your home to smell great along with being dirt and germ-free then you can insert the Spring Breeze fragrance discs into the pocket of the mop pad that will release a fragrance to fill your entire home.
This is optional so if extra aromas are not your thing, you can just forget about it. This vacuum can be used on hardwood, tile, stone, marble, ceramic, linoleum and laminate floors so no matter what kind of floors you have in your home, you can make great use of this product.
Pros & Cons
- Built-in flip scrubber removes stains faster than a standard steam mop would
- Includes two mop-pads: one for everyday cleaning and the other for deep cleaning
- Does not require any extra chemicals, just plain water is enough
- Using the fragrance discs leave your home smelling fresh
- Can be used on most hard floors such as hardwood, tile, stone, laminate, etc
- Some customers had problems with the cap on the water tank where it detached itself or completely broke off
The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner is a corded vacuum that brushes and mops your hard floors with a unique twist. We often see marks or stains left on floors after mopping which gives the floors a dull look no matter how clean they are, but this vacuum works to clean after that.
It dries and removes any dirt left behind from mopping and gives your floor the actual shine you are looking for.
- HARDWOOD, LAMINATE, VINYL, AND TILE CLEANER: SpinScrub Brushes deliver the best clean while gently and safely scrubbing sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout
- DUAL TANK TECHNOLOGY: keeps clean and dirty water separate so you never put dirty water back on the floor
- WASH-DRY MODE: Selection Wash mode uses brushes to clean while suctioning up excess water while dry mode stops brushes to suction up excess water and improve drying time
- FINGERTIP CONTROL: Clean Boost Control fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At under 14 pounds, the Floor Mate is easy to lift and carry, even up and down stairs
It is installed with SpinScrub brushes that give your floors a good scrub to lift and suction all the dirt from all angles without damaging your floors so you can give your home a deep-clean whenever needed. The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner dries your floors in one motion giving no time for water stains to form on any surface which results in absolute dry and shiny floors.
It has not one but two water tanks- one for the dirty used up water and the other for the freshwater. This separates the dirty water from the clean water and ensures that you only use clean water every time. You can even control the amount of detergent to use with the clean boost control option which allows you to release extra detergent when cleaning tough stains or excess dirt.
The product is very light and can be easily carried up and down the stairs and from room to room without causing any user-fatigue. The tanks, nozzle, and brush are all removable and effortless to clean so you can keep this vacuum in good condition and increase its durability and performance.
The Hoover FloorMate is one of the best hoovers for laminate flooring, moreover, it works great for all other kinds of hard floors such as wood, tile, and vinyl.
Pros & Cons
- Instantly dries the floors after washing, removing any chance of watermarks or damp stains
- Uses two water tanks so you can use only clean water on your floors
- Option to control the amount release of detergent
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Reported cases of machine breaking down within less than a year
If you have pets in the house then the Bissell Hard Floor Expert Stick Vacuum is a must-have, however, it also works splendidly well on laminate floors. This vacuum cleaner removes pet hair, cat litter, pet food and almost any mess made by pets.
As much as we love pets, we know how much our furry friends can shed and what horrible condition they can leave the house in so it is great to have a vacuum cleaner that takes care of all the mess.
- Cleaning Path Width: 11.35 inches (V-Shape), Power Cord Length: 20 feet
- Easily cleans around furniture legs and on low pile are legs; Hose Length: No Hose
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup makes project cleanup a breeze. Power Rating: 6 amps
- The V-shape directs larger debris into the center suction path, while the ends of the V capture small, fine debris
- Not for rugs
The wipers on this vacuum are made of hair-attracting rubber material so they attract more hairs than suction as with suction alone there are chances of hairs escaping, leaving behind a few hairs here during cleaning. The vacuum comes with a V-shaped base which collects both large fragments and finer dirt.
The V-shaped wipers work to bring in all the larger dirt into the center suction path while the finer remains are suctioned along the arms, reaching for every single piece of dirt on the floors. The convenient shape of the vacuum allows it to reach difficult places and clean along edges and furniture legs.
It is bag-less and comes with an easy to empty dirt cup, making it a very handy product with no complications. The device is lightweight so you can enjoy cleaning all-around your home with no user-fatigue. The 20 feet power cord provides enough length to cover good distances.
Although it is made of plastic, it is a fairly durable product that is easy to assemble and use. Whether you have pets or not, this is a great cleaning product that does its work pretty well in keeping your home dirt-free. This vacuum cleaner is made to vacuum the laminate floor.
Pros & Cons
- Great for pet hairs and other mess made by pets
- V-shaped wipers do a fine job in collecting every piece of dirt
- Long cord for easy movement
- Bagless- saves you money on replacing bags
- A few complaints of the vacuum cleaner clogging
- The filter needs to be cleaned a quite often
Comparison Table for Our Top 3 Robot Vacuums for Laminate Floors
How cool is it to have a robot cleaning your floors for you? We would say, pretty cool. The iRobot Roomba 650 is a robot vacuum designed to work on carpet, tile, hardwood and laminate floors. It uses a full suite of sensors move around and adjusts to all the changes in your home and smartly decides on the cleaning.
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3 Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges. At just 3.6 inch tall, Roomba has been specifically designed to fit under most furniture and kickboards so dirt has no place to hide
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more
You can schedule it to clean your home every day of the week so you never have a day of a mess. The unique two cleaning brushes work together to loosen dirt and pick it up. This fancy-looking robot will first work up the dirt by loosening it, then brushing it before picking it up to reveal spotless surfaces.
The dirt detects sensors to alert the vacuum of the places with tough dirt so it uses extra power to clean those areas thoroughly. It does a great job in cleaning both large debris and fine particles and can adjust itself to accommodate cleaning different floor surfaces whether it is operating on carpets or plain floors.
Programmed with smart sensors the robot can make more than 60 decisions per second to adapt to its surroundings and avoid stairs and other risky areas. It is a cordless device that automatically docks and recharges so you don’t have to worry about charging it. Measuring at only 3.6 inches in height, the robot, and travel and enter places that are hard to reach even manually.
It also cleans edges efficiently and leaves behind clean surfaces. The only drawback that we have noticed is its inability to pick up pet hair completely and small risks of scratching wood floors, as stated by some users. But if you want an attractive looking robot doing all the cleaning for you with a mind of its own then this device is a good pick.
Pros & Cons
- Can be scheduled to clean every day of the week
- Automatically docks and charges itself
- Low height allows it to travel under furniture
- Smart sensors prevent it from falling off stairs
- Attractive looking machine
- Cannot pick up pet hair completely
- There have been cases where the battery would not charge
- May leave scratches on delicate floors
The iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mopping Robot is a gorgeous looking robot that cleans your floors in two modes- dry and wet and that’s why it is one of the Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors. It is not a robot if it does not have a unique trait so this model features a navigation system which works like an indoor GPS to determine its location and area of cleaning.
The system smartly keeps track of where the robot has already cleaned and where it needs to go next. At the end of the cleaning process, the robot returns to its starting point before shutting down automatically.
- Advanced Robot Mop with Pro-Clean System enables triple-pass mopping action for everyday dirt and grime.
- Designed to mop and sweep hardwood, tile, and stone. Just attach a cleaning pad and press MOP or SWEEP.
- Cleans multiple rooms and large spaces. Navigates around objects and under furniture.
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation helps Braava keep track of where it's been and where it needs to go.
- Maximized-Edge Design gets into corners and along edges. Cleans under furniture and in other hard-to-reach places.
Who wouldn’t want such an obedient robot that does not only look attractive but also perform with great efficiency? We recommend using light cleaners or just plain water as any harsh chemicals may damage the internal parts and cause the machine to lose its ability to function well.
This convenient device lets you use any disposable cleaning cloths for everyday cleaning but also comes along with two reusable microfiber cleaning cloths for dry sweeping and damp mopping. A full charge takes around two hours after which it can sweep up to 1000 square feet and mop up to 350 square feet of area at one go.
It is a very simple machine to use where you just have to attach the cleaning cloth and select your desired mode of the cleaning for the robot to begin its smart and quick cleaning. It can reach all difficult places such as under the furniture and edges, leaving no point unattended to.
The robot creates a map and remembers its surroundings allowing it to get familiar with your home and clean more efficiently. The machine does its work very quietly so it won’t scare off pets or disturb you during the cleaning process. You can actually program your robot and trust it to do the rest.
Pros & Cons
- Attractive looking device
- Dry and wet cleaning modes
- Installed with a navigation system
- Smart sensors
- Low noise
- Can travel to and clean difficult to reach areas
- Quick charge
- Can cover and work in a large area with one full charge
- A few customer complaints about the durability of the product life
Robot vacuum cleaners seem to be a popular choice among users, maybe due to their stylish appearance and ability to perform their jobs automatically, abolishing the need to stick around during the cleaning process and spending hours doing things manually.
The iLife V5s Pro Robotic Vacuum is an upgraded version and has an extended battery life and an advanced i-dropping technology which makes it perform better than the iLIFE V5s.
- Vacuuming sweeping damp mopping all in one, maintain gleaming hard floors
- New powerful motor with max mode and pet hair technology picks up furs,debris,dust and dirty easily and efficiently
- Small slim light design and smart sensors ensure V5s pro to know your home and clean where dirt hides.
- Automatically docks, recharges and adjusts to hard floor types - tile, hardwood, laminate & more.
- What is new on ILIFE V5s pro than V5s: Advanced i-dropping technology makes mopping more efficient and reliable. Enhanced battery extend V5s pro' running time up to 140 minuts. Larger roadrover wheels with self-rescue technology freedomly goes over uneven flooring.
The motor is also much more powerful, picking up pet hair, debris and dust more effectively resulting in cleaner floors. The sensors make this robot smartly determine which areas need to be cleaned with more pressure and where all the hidden dirt lies. It can travel to places that you would fail to reach by hand or with other traditional vacuum cleaners.
It can even adjust itself to work on uneven floors and stay away from stairs or prohibited areas. With a mind of its own, it can sense when the battery needs to be charged so it automatically docks itself and starts to recharge, ensuring that it is always in a state ready to clean. You can choose between two cleaning modes – dry sweep or damp mop.
In order to keep this robot in good condition and increase its life, the dust box must be emptied and the filter must be cleaned after every use. One concern with this device is its habit of getting stuck when it comes in contact with any object lying on the floors.
So we would recommend clearing up the place and removing toys, chargers or any other items from the floors before placing the robot to do its job. With all, it’s smart technology this vacuum is considered one of the best vacuums for hard floors.
Pros & Cons
- Elegant design
- Powerful motor
- Picks up pet hair
- Smart sensors
- Large road rover wheels with self-rescue technology to prevent falling off stairs and move about freely on uneven surfaces
- Concern over battery life
- Mopping may not be up to the mark
We had earlier discussed the iRobot Roomba 650 which scored well in our list but it had one major flaw of not being able to pick up pet hair with mush efficiency which would probably not impress users with pets at home. The bObsweep Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop, however, claims to be designed especially for pet hair.
It is a robotic vacuum cleaner that cleans pet hair, paw prints, and any pet-related mess so if you have pets at home then this robot may just be your next best friend.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and filtrates
- 1100 mL dustbin holds pet hair and dirt
- Programmable 7-day cleaning schedule
- Works on hardwood, tile, and carpet
- Automatic self-charging
It sweeps surfaces to lift up dirt and then vacuums them to reveal tidy floors. Though it does not have the reputation to work great on laminate floors, it mops the floors after vacuuming so all fine particles and stains are removed at the same time resulting in a clean and germ-free environment.
Having pets at home could and most often does mean that the air contains mites and other viruses which are harmful to you and your family but this little friend also comes with a HEPA filtration which eliminates harmful allergens from the air so your family can breathe safe air. The dust bin has a capacity of 1 liter so no matter how much dirt your floors have, this robot can suction it all.
No matter what kind of surface you place this vacuum on, the spring-actuated surface Automator will allow it to adjust and keep maximum contact for the deepest clean. The lithium X-AMPlified battery operates for over one hour on a full charge so you can relax and let your robot do the cleaning. Upon reaching a low battery life, the robot automatically docks and charges itself.
This smart robot can also detect danger and stay away from stairs and other drop-offs. Cleaning time can be scheduled so you can get on with other work and come back to a clean home. You can also control the cleaning modes and speeds with the use of remote control. No harmful materials are used on this product, making it extremely safe around children and pets but a destroyer of germs and dirt.
Pros & Cons
- A safe product for kids and pets
- Long battery life
- Smart sensors to detect drop-offs
- Suctions pet hairs from floors with efficiency
- Automatically docks and charges itself
- Gets stuck too often, the floor needs to be cleared of toys and all items before-hand
Our next vacuum cleaner Eureka Enviro Steamer is perfect for users who prefer eco-friendly cleaning products. It uses steam to carefully clean and sanitizes floors without the use of harmful chemicals. Steam is the best option when dealing with greasy floors and stubborn stains as the steam soften and effectively removes dirt, leaving behind spotless surfaces.
- Hard-surface floor steamer cleans and sanitizes without the use of chemicals
- 6-1/2 amps of power; indicator light for water levels; preheating/cool-down tray for safety
- Adjustable-height handle; 12-1/2-inch cleaning head; lightweight design; cloth clip
- Measuring cup, funnel, and 2 steam pads included, should not be used on laminate floors or engineered floors
- Measures 7 by 12-1/2 by 49 inches, 1-year limited warranty
The cleaning head is quite large (approx 12inch) and can cover more area to clean than steamers with smaller heads; this saves you a lot of time and gets the job done quickly. It is a corded device with a power cord which measures around 25-foot in length so you can move around freely around the house and reach all areas.
It can be operated using a simple on and off switch and weighs very less, making it easy for all family members to use. The height of the handle can also be adjusted for more comfortable use. A yellow and green light alerts you when the product is ready for use so you can get the best results and pamper your floors accordingly.
It also comes with a measuring cup, funnels, and two 2 steam pads. This hard-surface steamer works well to kill dust mites and some bacteria from most kind floors such as marble, ceramic, stone, linoleum, sealed hardwood floors, and parquet.
Pros & Cons
- Eco-friendly product- does not use any chemicals
- Great for softening and removing hard dirt and tough stains
- Leaves the floors disinfected and fresh
- Kills dust mites and other bacteria
- Large cleaning head
- Corded for extra power
- Adjustable height handle
- Easy to use
- The cleaning cloths may not be able to pick up dirt as advertised
This is another Hoover model that we love. It cleans your floors in 3 complete steps and has two water tanks just like the previous model discussed. This Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner first loosens all stubborn dirt and then scrubs and washes the floor with counter-rotating brushes using the exclusive Hoover patented SpinScrub technology.
Once the scrubbing is done it immediately dries the floors so you don’t have to worry about having wet floors or annoying dull and foggy surfaces.
- SpinScrub Brushes deliver the best clean while gently and safely scrubbing sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout
- Dual Tank Technology, keeps clean and dirty water separate so you never put dirty water back on the floor
- Simple Mode Selection - turn the dial for stage 1 vacuuming, stage 2 washing, and stage 3 drying
- Clean Boost Control- fingertip control applies extra detergent to stains and heavy traffic areas
- Bonus version includes 30 Hard Floor Wipes and a 16 ounce bottle of Hard Floor Detergent
Since the vacuum dries the floors as soon as it is washed, you can expect the floors to shine brightly and appear super clean. The two tanks come in handy when separating the dirty water from the clean water so you can use fresh water every time to clean your floors. The product also includes a 16-ounce hard floor cleaner and 30ct hard surface wipes, providing you with a complete package.
The simple mode selection which lets you switch from one stage to the other eliminates any complications in using this device so everyone can take turns to use it and contribute to a cleaner home. The tanks, nozzle, and brush are all removable so you can clean them after every use and help keep the vacuum in a great condition.
If you have minimum storage place then worry not because you can fold the handle to cut its size down and store it away when not in use. If you want a fast working vacuum for laminate flooring that not only cleans and disinfects your home but also leaves you with lots of free time then this device might just do the trick.
Pros & Cons
- Fast working
- Cleans floors in 3 steps- loosens and lifts dirt, scrubs, and washes and dries within minutes
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Foldable handle
- Some concerns about the durability of the product
Our last vacuum cleaner on the list is the Bissell Lift-Off Floors and More Pet. It can be used in two ways- as a stick vacuum and hand vacuum. It is a cordless machine which gives you the freedom of carrying it around the house and reaching for difficult areas such as under furniture and sofa corners.
The rubberized nozzle on the removable hand vacuum efficiently attracts and suctions pet hair and other fine particles hidden on sofas, carpets and other furniture so if you have a pet this vacuum can take care of all the shedding.
- Buy BISSELL, save pets. BISSELL will donate $10 to BISSELL Pet Foundation for each Lift Off Floors and More Pet purchase upon activation.
- Quick And Easy Cordless Pet Mess Cleaning
- 2-Way Folding Handle Reaches Underneath Tables And Stores The Product Compactly
- Removable Handle Vacuum For Cleaning Pet Messes Above The Floor
- On/Off Brush Roll For Hard Floor Cleaning
With the brush roll turned on you can clean almost all hard surfaces as well as low pile carpet and rug areas. The cordless design makes it a very convenient cleaning machine that can give your whole house a good brush provided the battery is fully charged.
If your home is very large then it might need to be charged more than once to give your whole home a thorough cleaning. The filter is replaceable and must be changed when required to ensure that the vacuum performs well. You can fold the handle and store the device in a closet when not in use.
It is mostly recommended for dust, tiny dirt pieces, and pet hair and has the power to suction most random rubbish found on carpets or floors. This vacuum is extremely user-friendly and requires very basic steps to operate. It is not a very large machine so don’t expect it to pick up large items from the floors and be sure to empty it every now and then in order for it to function properly.
Some users found this annoying as it took quite a bit of time getting this vacuum to clean up all areas of the house. However, it seems like a decent vacuum for the laminate floor if you are interested in something that is lightweight and can be used as a hand vacuum too.
Pros & Cons
- Convenient- can be used as a stick vacuum as well as a hand vacuum
- Suctions pet hair very well
- Needs to be emptied a quite often
Buying Guide for Laminate Floor Vacuums
Just as there are many models to choose from, there are also a few things to look at when picking out the best laminate floor vacuums. You might be wondering why you need to get a vacuum that is designed especially for laminate floors. The answer is simple because standard vacuum cleaners will not and cannot clean up the mess that you would normally find on laminate floors and they may even damage your floors by leaving behind scratches.
Vacuum cleaners that are made for laminate floors have a special mechanism that loosens dirt and suctions them before washing the floors for the best results. Some are designed to dry-sweep while some can also mop the floors. Read on to find out more about vacuum cleaners and the features to look out for.
Types of Vacuums
Vacuum cleaners come in different types that are meant to perform various cleaning tasks. Here are some of the types and their descriptions:
This kind of vacuum cleaner comes with a bag that collects all the dirt. Once the bag is full it needs to be replaced with a new one. Some modern bagged vacuum cleaners also come with light indicators that alert you once the bag is full. Some users don’t like the extra expense of replacing bags and prefer to stick to bag-less vacuum cleaners. However, the bagged type is much easier to keep clean and maintain.
These are cheaper than bagged vacuums but a bit more difficult to clean. Instead of a bag, the dirt is collected in dirt cups which need to be emptied after every use. One advantage here is that if something valuable is suctioned by accident it can be retrieved from the cup.
A disadvantage would be that cleaning the filters on most of these models need to be brushed and cleaned. So you come in direct contact with all the dust and debris. With the bagged type all you have to do is detach the bag and throw it away, keeping all the waste locked up inside and away from contact.
These are the lightweight cleaners that can be used to reach and clean difficult and narrow areas. Their light weight makes them easy to carry around and target tight corners.
If you have no stairs in the house and need a powerful machine to do all the cleaning then upright vacuums are perfect for you. They are stronger and have a larger capacity than canister models but due to their heavy weight, they may be difficult to carry to different floor levels.
Such kind of vacuum cleaners will just brush off dirt and suction them using the dry-sweep system. These are great for pet hair, dust and other dry dirt that make your floors look dirty and untidy. Some of these vacuum cleaners can also be used on carpets and rugs.
If you wish to give your home a deep clean then just dry sweeping won’t be enough. Vacuum cleaners that also feature the damp-mop mode is an excellent choice for those who like to wash their floors with a damp cloth after sweeping.
If you wish to take the cleaning process one step further then you can purchase a steam mop. The steamer does an amazing job in loosening tough dried up dirt and stains and mopping away all the mess to reveal squeaky clean floors. The water is heated and turned to steam which works its way in eliminating dirt and germs from your floors for the best deep cleaning session ever.
*Some 2-in-1 vacuum cleaners also vacuum and mop while instantly drying up the floors so that your floors look shiny and have no water stains left from the mops. This is a good option if you prefer to have dry floors at all times.
Corded or Cordless?
Vacuum cleaners can be corded and cordless. Many users prefer to have corded vacuums which they can just plug in and get to work, without worrying about charge running out or putting the batteries to recharge after every use. Corded vacuums may also be more powerful but they do however restrict you to a limited area and need a constant supply of power to operate.
Cordless ones are easier to carry around the house and can be used even with no power supply, provided the battery was previously charged. They are not as powerful as corded vacuums and need to be charged before use which may be a hassle for some.
The suction doesn’t have to be too powerful as compared to the suction power of vacuum cleaners made for carpets because the dirt lies right on the floor and does not require much pulling.
However, it must have the right mechanism and the right design to seal properly on the floor so that it effectively suctions all the dust and fine particles off the ground. The wrong design of the cleaning head could result in dirt escaping the cleaner and staying behind on the floors.
It is important that your vacuum cleaner has the option to turn off the brush so that you don’t damage delicate floors. Since some areas need extra strength to remove the dirt, the brushes on vacuum cleaners tend to be a little rough which may leave scratches on your floors so having the option to turn off the brush will eliminate the chances of ruining them.
This depends on the size of your home and the area that needs to be cleaned. Vacuums with larger capacity don’t need to be emptied as often so if you are cleaning big areas you can go on with the vacuuming without having to empty it every few minutes. People living in small apartments and homes can opt for a vacuum cleaner with less capacity which also cost less.
Filters are what keep your home dust free and the air germ-free. Every vacuum cleaner has filters installed that need to be removed and cleaned often in order for your vacuum cleaner to perform well. HEPA certified filters are the best when it comes to trapping more dirt than other random filters.
Filters in steamers and vacuums with mops need to be cleaned more often as the contact with water make them clogged and dirty real quick.
If you want your vacuum cleaner to last long and give you the best value in return for your money then you need to take care of it. It is important that you clean it after every use, keep it dry and store it in safe places if you want it to do its job well. For this reason, you should get a vacuum cleaner that is easy to clean and maintain so you don’t have excuses to avoid cleaning it every time.
When it comes to weight there are two things to consider here- your home and the amount of deep cleaning needed. When we say home we mean the level of the floors. If you live on a leveled home with no stairs then the weight of the vacuum cleaner will not matter much as you will not have to carry it up or down the stairs.
However, if you do have stairs in the house and need to attend to rooms on all levels then its best to stick to lighter vacuum cleaners that are easily maneuverable. The amount of dirt also plays a role here because heavier vacuum cleaners are more powerful and can do a better job in cleaning areas with lots of dirt whereas lighter ones are good enough for everyday cleaning.
Homes with Pets
Having pets at home take cleaning to another level. Normally all vacuum cleaners do well in suctioning dust, fine particles and other dirt off floors and furniture but not all of them are meant for pet hair. Pet hair can easily escape the vacuum cleaners nozzles and fly off.
The good news is that there are vacuum cleaners that are specialized for homes with pets. These vacuum cleaners have wipers with hair attracting rubber materials that attract and trap fine pet hairs that normal vacuum cleaners would not be able to suction. We would strongly recommend pet owners to purchase vacuums that are designed to clean after pets.
Warranty and Customer Reviews
We do not usually pay much attention to warranties but in the case of electronics, it is a vital point to consider. The longer the warranty the more assurance you get of its durability and performance. Longer warranty and good customer care from the manufactures will also save you money on damaged parts and other issues while maintaining your vacuum cleaner.
We always tell our readers to check out the reviews from other customers whenever they need to make a purchase because the best way to find out about a product is to hear about it from the mouths of experienced users.
Benefits of Buying a Vacuum Cleaner for Laminate Floors
Ask anyone who owns a vacuum cleaner and they will tell you that life will not be the same without one. You will not understand its value and importance until you actually own one but we are still going to give you some reasons why you must invest in a vacuum cleaner.
Cleaning takes up a lot of time and can be really frustrating, especially when done by hand. Having a vacuum cleaner taking care of all the dusting, sweeping and mopping (not to mention picking up pet hair) is the fastest and easiest way to get on with the cleaning.
Let your vacuum cleaner do all the dirty work for you. When you use your hand to clean dirt you come in direct contact with germs and bacteria found in dust which can be harmful to you in the long run but by using a vacuum cleaner you are keeping away from all the harmful particles and saving yourself from becoming sick.
Less Effort from Your Side
You no longer have to get on your knees and scrub floors or hustle hard while trying to remove tough stains and dried up dirt from the floors- just switch on your vacuum cleaner, select the cleaning mode and allow it to disinfect your home for you.
Clean Difficult Areas
No matter how much of an expert you are at cleaning by hand, there are some areas that you cannot reach by hand. Take for example window seals, if you purchase a vacuum cleaner that can be turned in to a hand vacuum then you can squeeze and suction out dust hidden between window seals and sofa cushions. We have to admit that the power of suction from a vacuum cleaner is way better than a wipe of a damp cloth by hand.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I prevent my vacuum cleaner from scratching my floors?
Avoid rolling brushes. Rolling brushes are designed to pull out dirt such as hair and dust from carpets as carpets tend to trap dirt inside. But that is not the case with floors, where the dirt can actually be seen and only needs to have good contact with the cleaning head in order for the dirt to be lifted off. If you must purchase a vacuum cleaner that has a rolling brush system then at least get one with an option to turn it off to avoid damaging your floors.
Between upright and canister vacuum cleaners, which kind works best on bare floors?
Canisters are better for bare floors as they are easier to maneuver and do not scratch floors but there are many upright models available in the market today that also performs well on bare floors.
Which is the best robot vacuum out there?
You will get quite a few good robot vacuums if you search the right places and as long as they have the right machine you can expect them to work well. If you are interested in specific brands then iRobot vacuum cleaners are the most popular currently.
We have come to the end of today’s article, we hope our top-ten list and buying guide was helpful to you and we hope you are now ready to pick the Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors for your home. We recommend you to first take a good look at your surroundings and figure out your needs so you don’t waste money on a model that won’t serve your specific cleaning requirements well.
Having a suitable vacuum cleaner will not only make things easier for you but also save you a lot of time on cleaning and leave your home looking tidy and germ-free. Having shiny floors contribute the most to a clean looking home as floors cover the most area in our homes. Happy vacuuming!