Last Updated on
In the world of latest technologies, some vacuum cleaners still exist to do all the chores on its own and give you a break from all the works. So get ready because you are just going to relinquish on the bells and whistles because of a droid vacuum cleaner from iRobot. And that guy is iRobot Roomba 614 Robotic Vacuum. While all the latest Roombas have been impressing people with its advanced features, this guy takes you back to the basic and shows striking performance equally. So, this iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Reviews will highlight all the reasons and tell you why you should get this.
We have recently reviewed two other models from the same brand Roomba. You can check our Roomba 650 or our latest addition of Roomba 960 vs 980 vacuum reviews before going to buy one of this iRobot vacuum.
Features of Our iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Reviews
iRobot seems to have gone back to the basics with Roomba 614 and tossed out all the bells and whistles that the brand has stuffed into latest Roombas. Not only that, but it also kind of reeled back the cost, so you will simply get a pocket-friendly option with all the no-frills features, unlike the current ones.
However, iRobot 614 is most similar to all the traits that you can find in the series of 600 from the brand. And if you are someone who is into basic vacuum cleaners than the smarter options, then this iRobot Roomba 614 vacuuming robot can be a wiser pick.
The iRobot Roomba 614 Robotic Vacuum comes with a 3-stage cleaning process and it is basically the most common process for all the other Roomba robots. The states have counter-spinning brushes or debris extractor, the spinning side brushes and the vacuuming system that will suck all the content from the floor to the bin.
However, the Roomba 614 may be a basic vacuum cleaner but it still manages to show its smartness by getting into all the hard to get places to clean up the stuff. So, instead of moving any furniture, you can make it do all the job with ease.
Another basic feature that all the Roombas have is iAdapt Technology. It uses the sensors to avert stairs. It also lets the robot get around the floor or beneath the furniture and do multiple performances so it can give your home a thorough clean.
With iRobot Roomba 614, you will be able to observe that is passes over a particular area constantly. The reason is, the sensors on Roomba 614 robotic vacuum detect dirt at that specific spot that leads it to clean there continuously till the remaining hair or debris gets cleaned up.
The iRobot 614 is equipped with another striking technology which is AeroVac vacuuming technology. This is another common technology that you will find in all the other 600 series models.
However, with this, the Roomba will be able to pull the debris and dirt off the brushes and dump them into the dustbin. The best part is that it helps fills the dustbin pretty evenly so it allows you to empty it less frequently.
This Roomba is equipped with striking auto features that add more convenience to the unit. Just like most of the robots, it also tends to return to its base so it can recharge itself after finishing all the cleanup. Its self-charging shows that Roomba will always be ready to clean when needed the most.
Moreover, it also comes with an auto-adjust cleaning head that will adapt to its height automatically so it can clean the carpets and hard floors effectively.
- Compatible with: Replacement vacumm cleaner parts for iRobot Roomba 600 Series 529 595 620 630 650 652 660 680 690
- Advantage: replacement Roomba 690 parts can maintain Roomba's cleaning performance
- Material: I-clean Roomba Replacement parts made of high-strength and environmental protection material
- The roomba kits14pcs included:1pc Flexible Beater Brush,1pc Bristle Brush,5pcs Filters, 5pcs 3-Armed Brushes, 5pcs screws,Ipc Cleaing tool (A) and Cleaing tool (B)
- Warranty&Suggestion: Trust in I-clean! If any quality problem, we can arrange refund within 30 days.For best results, these replacement parts should be replaced every 2 - 3 months
- Battery: we offer a better replacement for OEM iRobot Roomba Original Battery at half the price. This is the actual capacity of the battery
- Power specifications: battery type: Ni-MH / Voltage: 14.4 V / capacity: 3500 mAh
- Warranty: 30 days refund - 12 months replacement. It is from CA, a company located in the United States. We are experts in friendly customer service.
- Compatible with: iRobot Roomba series 500, 600, 700 500 510 520 530 532 535 540 550 550 560 562 562 570 580 581 582 585 595 600 620 630 650 660 700 760 770 780 790 R3 80501
- 3500 mAh NiMH battery keeps Roomba running at peak performance.
Video Review: Roomba 614 Video
Highlights & Hitches
- Three stage cleaning process does the job impeccably
- iAdapt Technology helps a lot in avoiding the stairs and doing multiple passes with ease
- AeroVac vacuuming technology helps pull all the debris to dump them into the bin
- The AeroVac filter does an amazing job to handle lint, dirt, hair, or pet fur
- The runtime of the battery is pretty impressive
- Comes at a budget-friendly price
- Ideal for larger rooms and apartment
- No advanced or smart features included
- No full bin indicator
- It might get lost in finding the dock station if the apartment has a lot of rooms or hallways
- It does not have the ability to do schedule cleanings
- No virtual wall barriers, virtual walls, virtual wall lighthouses
- No HEPA filter
- The iRobot 614 can get tangled up extremely with thinner wires dangling on to the floors
- Does not have the display
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does it return to the dock when on low power?
A: Yes it will return to the dock station when it gets time to recharge. However, sometimes it falls into trouble locating its way back. So, if your home has many different rooms, turns or hallways, there is a chance that it might get lost.
Q: How much debris can 616 hold? How often will you be needing to empty the bin?
A: The debris compartment is a bit small yet it manages to hold a lot of dirt. It can clean all the dirt of a hallway, 2 to 3 room, a carpeted master and bathroom just at one go without having to empty it. Although you will need to empty the bin every day.
Q: Will it scratch hardwood floor?
A: No, it will not scratch hardwood floors.
Q: What is the size of the canister?
A: The size of a canister is about 7.5 inches wide, 2.5 inches deep and 2.5 inches high. It comes with a filter in it having a curve to it. Thus, this is just an estimated measurement.
Q: Does it bump into walls?
A: Yes, it bumps into walls and then turns away from them and continues cleaning.
The Roomba 614 is simply an entry level robot of the brand. It gives you all the features that you look for in basic robot vacuum cleaner. In fact, it does more than it gives. And you can simply guess that with this iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Reviews.
So, if you are someone who does not care for the latest technologies and can satiate yourself with the basics, then having this one will not be a bad idea. And not only that, since it costs pretty less, you don’t even need to break the bank to get it for your room.