Last Updated on
Cleaning floors is an essential part of our daily life and it is something we cannot avoid no matter how much we want to. Thanks to a number of manufacturers, we now have many cleaning devices designed to make cleaning tasks much easier for us. In the past couple of years, there has been tremendous growth and improvement in design and technology of cleaning devices which have helped us cut cleaning time in half. To make things even better we now have robots taking care of most household tasks. One such device is the iRobot Braava 380t Floor cleaning robot, a mopping unit built with smart sensors and modern features to leave your home spotless and sanitized. With the market oozing with robot type devices, today we are going to have a complete iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mopping Robot Reviews for our readers.
We love the fact that iRobot Braava 380t is suitable for all environments and does a great job in picking up dirt, pet hair and dust so it sure seems like an ideal item to have at home. The machine’s attractive look and high-end features have earned it quite a bit of popularity so we are going to look much deeper into it and find out if it is worth spending on.
Don’t miss our complete reviews on iRobot Roomba 650 vacuum. You will know which one is perfect for you.
Features of Our iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mopping Robot Reviews
We are going to start by mentioning one of iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop’s main features which are its navigation system. The system works like an indoor GPS, enabling the device to learn about its surroundings and which areas to clean.
It stops the robot from hitting objects, falling off stairs and mopping areas that have already been worked on. It has the ability to cover a wide range of area so you can clean large rooms effortlessly.
Design and Use
The iRobot Braava floor mopping robot weighs at only 4 pounds so it can easily be carried around and stored away when not in use. The slim 3.1 inch in height frame allows it to travel under furniture and clean tight places, including wall edges and corners.
It does not require much skill to operate the unit as it comes with 3 simple buttons for power and to select the cleaning modes.
You can use this robot to sweep your floors as well as mop them. The two cleaning modes provide variety and allow you to give your floors a thorough cleaning using just one tool. It comes with two different reusable cloths for each cleaning mode which can easily be changed and replaced.
The clothes are the disposal for extra convenience. Dry sweeping does not take up much time but the damp mopping can be a little time consuming as the machine works on a higher power to effectively remove stains and dried dirt from floors.
iRobot Braava 380t Pads
The disposable cloths and microfiber cloths are compatible for the Braava pads for cleaning floors.
iRobot Braava can use any disposable dry cloths and pre moisturized cloths for cleaning. Cloths must be used depending on the floor types. Braava jet cleaning pads are not compatible to use with the Braava 380t mopping robot.
The microfiber cloths can be used over and over by washing it regularly. There are two types of cloths: the white cloths and the blue cloths. The white cloths are for dry sweeping. It works better on the house that has the pet. It’s really amazing the amount of hair they pick in a single go.
The blue cloths are for mopping the floor. The wet pads are very helpful for the organic clean. It is not advisable to use white cloths for wet cleaning. It just doesn’t work with that. The same way the blue cloths doesn’t work great for sweeping floors.
Turbo Charge Cradle
The cradle charges the unit in just two hours and with a full charge the robot can sweep up to 1000 square feet and mop up to 350 square feet of area.
If you have the machine fully charged you can even use it during blackouts as it does not require any direct power supply to operate. The cradle also works as a storing case which keeps the device safe when not in use.
You can enjoy a peaceful cleaning time with the iRobot Braava 380t mopping robot working quietly. The low sound which is similar to a whisper allows you to go about your daily business without any disturbance. You can even let the machine do its work while people sleep in the house.
Clean All Kinds of Floors
The Braava 380t cleans all hard-surface floors including tile, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, and more, efficiently. You just have to choose the appropriate cleaning mode for the best mop for laminate floor cleaning and let the robot work its magic.
- 1. Package Included:10 cloths for sweeping and 10 for mopping
- 2. Washable & Reusable, Great for the environment
- 3. Made with Starfire microfiber.
- 4. Floor Mopping Vacuum Cleaner will help maintain gleaming hard floors every day. Each cloth is 8'' x 11'';
- 5. Microfiber Mopping Cloths can be used with all Braava models,including for iRobot Braava 380t 320 Mint 4200 5200 Vacuum Cleaner
- Microfiber Mopping Cloths can be used with all Braava models,including for iRobot Braava 380t 320 Mint 4200 5200 Robotic
- Floor Mopping Robot will help maintain gleaming hard floors every day. Each cloth is 8'' x 11'';Made with Starfire microfiber.
- There replacement robot braava mopping suit for kinds of Hardwood Floors,High Traffic Rooms,Large Rooms,Pet Hair,Small Rooms;We'd suggest buying additional pads if you mop daily.
- The blue Pro-Clean microfiber mopping cloths attract and trap dirt, oils and grime from the floor. Wipe robot mop on the floor can be washed and reused more and more times
- What do you get: 12 Packs x Replacement Braava Floor Mopping,and A Free Cleaner Brush
- 50% higher energy than the original battery, power your robots to work for a longer time
- Compatible with iRobot Braava 380t, 380, Mint 5200, 5200B, 5200C
- Compatible with the original charger
- Tested by manufacturer to match OEM products
- Ni-MH rechargeable batteries will achieve best performance after 3-5 fully charge cycles
Video Review: iRobot Braava Mopping Robot
Pros & Cons
- Attractive design
- Smart navigation system
- Great for all kinds of floors
- Two cleaning methods for an added variety
- No need for direct power and can be used anywhere and anytime once the unit has been previously charged
- Can travel under furniture and narrow spaces
- Low noise
- As mentioned earlier, we loved the navigation system but it comes with one flaw. In order for the navigation to work you need to place an accessory called a ‘NorthStar Navigation Cube’ in the room, you wish to sweep or mop. The cube will send signals to the Braava 380t and direct it to its routes so you need to place the cube in every room you wish to clean. Although extra NorthStar cubes can be purchased separately, we feel it is an added expense
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are the cleaning cloths washable?
Yes, both the cloths for sweeping and mopping are totally reusable and machine washable. You can use them multiple times before they need to be replaced. You can easily purchase disposal cloths once the included ones have worn out.
What kind of cleaning solution can I use with this device?
We recommend using only mild solutions or plain water. Any harsh cleaning agents may cause damage to the machine’s internal parts
How long does it take to fully charge the unit?
It takes about 2 hours
Can it pick up dust from all corners of the house?
It does a pretty great job in sweeping floors and corners but it does not have any suctioning power so it won’t exactly clean in the same manner as a vacuum cleaner. However, it will pick up dirt using microfiber cleaning cloths which will also leave your floors pretty clean.
So, we think you found our iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mopping Robot Reviews guide pretty helpful. For its price, we were impressed with most of the features on the Braava 380t but we feel there is room for improvement. It is a good device for basic cleaning and takes off the pressure of sweeping and mopping by hand but it isn’t the ideal cleaning tool for areas with extreme dirt.
If you wish to own a cleaning robot that will clean your floors and take care of basic sweeping and be mopping then this is a good pick but it won’t deep clean your home. We would recommend this device to those interested in a decent robot mop with simple features and an affordable price tag.