Last Updated on
We recently reviewed the Floormate Deluxe by Hoover a while back and were surprised to see the height of its popularity, but while doing our research we also came across the Floormate Spinscrub, an older version of floor cleaner also by Hoover. It is surprising that an equal number of people still preferred the older version and continued to use it despite the release of other floor cleaners in the market. We wanted to find out what made the Hoover Floormate SpinScrub so popular so decided to do a complete Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner Reviews and also give our readers an insight of what to expect if they wish to invest in the machine.
Before we begin we must admit that we love its 3 cleaning modes which allow users a chance to give their floors a complete deep cleaning. It vacuums, washes and dries floors in minutes and with one of these machines around we don’t see the need to invest in a number of other cleaning tools.
But we also didn’t want to base our final verdict on one quality feature alone because there are other important things to look at when deciding on the best laminate floor vacuum cleaner, therefore we broke it down to different segments to see how well this product scored in each category.
Features of Our Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner Reviews
Built and Specifications
The Hoover floormate hard floor cleaner machine weighs at about 16lbs (about 3 lbs heavier than the Floormate deluxe) and has rubber wheels to make maneuvering around the room easy. It has folding handles so it won’t take up much space to store and it also has a slim structure so you won’t have to give up a lot of room for it.
The tank has a capacity of 32oz and it features a dual tank technology so you can keep clean water separated from the dirty water. One tank holds the clean water and cleaning solution while the other stores the used up water. This ensures that you never have to use dirty water to clean your floors thus reducing any chance of dirt and bacteria returning to the surfaces.
The SpinScrub has a 13-inch long nozzle with 6 brushes placed in a straight line. The length of the nozzle is one of its most liked features as it covers a large area and takes very less time to clean a lot of floors.
Operation and Cleaning
Operating the Floormate SpinScrub is very easy. It comes with a simple mode selection dial where all you have to do it turn the dial to select your preferred mode of cleaning from vacuuming, washing, and drying.
It will not automatically perform all the three stages but you can get the machine to clean as you like with just a turn of the dial. The vacuuming stage suctions all loose dirt and debris and prepares the floor for the next stage- washing.
While washing, the brushes move in a counter-rotating manner, scrubbing the floors gently yet with enough power to wipe off dried dirt or any tough mess. This is where you make use of the detergent so your floors can turn out completely sanitized and spot-free.
Finally, you can use the dry mode to give your floors a finishing touch. The airflow causes floors to dry quickly and prevent any water streaks from forming. By the end of the cleaning process, you will have shiny clean floors and a lot of time to spare.
The device is corded which removes the hassle of recharging batteries and having limited power to work with. The cord is 27 ft long, giving you enough length to cover a good amount of distance and move about freely around the room.
The only drawback with corded devices is that they lack the freedom to maneuver and can only be used when there is a direct supply of power but they definitely perform better than their less powerful cordless cousins.
If you want your Hoover FH40010b to last long and continue performing well then you have to do a little maintaining on your part. With very little effort you can keep the machine in good condition and increase its life. The tanks, nozzles, and brushes are all removable and must be cleaned after each use.
Detaching and reattaching the parts come fairly easy so cleaning them won’t take up much time. We also suggest using the recommended detergent like any other harsh chemicals may cause damage to the internal parts of the machine.
Along with the machine you also get 30 hard-surface wipes, a bottle of Hoover Multi-Floor Plus 2X detergent (16oz) and a detergent measuring cup. All these items can also be purchased separately.
- HQRP 2pcs Washable & Reusable FloorMate Filters plus HQRP Coaster;
- HQRP filters are washable and reusable! (unlike other filters);
- This filter is semi HEPA and retains 95% of particles down to 0.4 micron.
- Dimensions: 4.25" x 1" x 3.13"
- 100% Compatible with Original filter; Change every 3 to 6 months. 2 weeks DOA replacement warranty!
- Concentrated formula for use in Cross Wave or Spin Wave series machines
- Removes tracked-in dirt, mud, paw prints, and other pet messes
- Eliminates odors with Febreze freshness. Febreze and Febreze logo are trademarks of The Procter & Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio used under license by BISSELL Homecare, Inc
- Multi-surface formula can be used on sealed hardwood floors, tile, laminate, and area rugs* (*only with Cross Wave)
- formula contains no heavy metals, phosphates, or dyes
- Tangle Free Brush Roll, tested with hair length up to 8 inches.
- Innovative microfiber and nylon brush scrubs to remove debris and minimizes annoying pet hair wrap.
- Can be used on sealed hard floors and area rugs
- Easy to clean and replace
- Works in both BISSELL CrossWave Pet Pro (2306A, 2306, 2303, 2305, & 2328) series and CrossWave (1785/1785A) series
Video Review: Hoover FloorMate Hard Floor Cleaner Instructions
Pros & Cons
- Works fast and effectively
- Cleans floors in 3 steps- vacuums, scrubs and washes and dries to reveal shiny clean surfaces
- Very easy to operate
- Removable parts for easy cleaning
- Folding handle and slim body requires minimum storage space
- Dual tank technology
- A few improvements can be made to the spin brushes. Some customers mentioned that the brushes didn’t make much contact with the floor due to the short bristles on them. This reduced its ability to deep clean floors to some extent
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I have to stick to only one specific type of cleaning solution?
We recommend using the detergent that comes with the product and replacing it with the same kind later on as it is safe enough to use and gentle on the internal parts of the machine but you can still use other detergents provided they don’t contain any flammable solvents.
Can it be used on laminate floors?
The Floormate SpinScrub can be used on most hard floors and it works just fine on laminate.
So, how you got our Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner Reviews? We can understand why this Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub FH40010 has made its mark and has secured a place in many homes. It saves you a lot of time and money with its 3 cleaning modes.
You get the power of a vacuum and the scrubbing and washing technology of wet floor cleaners in one device plus the bonus of a dryer that leaves your floors sparkling clean. For its price, we must say it is worth it.