No matter how tidy you keep your home or how well it is decorated, having dirty floors instantly degrades its appearance. But we have to admit that cleaning floors are one of the most tiring and time-consuming tasks, especially when done by hand. Thanks to companies that now manufacture products designed to make things easier and cleaning time shorter. Hoover, a leading manufacturer in the cleaning industry, has provided its customers with some excellent products for years and their Floormate deluxe hard floor cleaner has earned a lot of praises from its users. Today we are going to have a complete Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner FH40160PC Reviews and present you with some useful details and information on it. This review will help you to decide if it is the ultimate cleaner for your home.
We must inform you that Hoover FloorMate Deluxe is a water-based cleaner and does not sweep floors. So you may need to first sweep your floors prior to the use of this appliance. If you wish to really sanitize your floors then cleaning them with a broom or just using a normal vacuum cleaner will not do.
You can get rid of the dust but you won’t be able to deep clean the floors until you use a water-based cleaner. Our product today Hoover floormate deluxe fh40160 is designed to wash floors in the best way possible.
We have also reviewed another vacuum from Hoover which is FloorMate SpinScrub Hard Floor Cleaner. Have a look, it might be worth reading!
Table of Contents
Features of Our Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner FH40160PC Reviews
Weighing under 14 pounds (when empty), this lightweight cleaner can be moved around the house and carried up and down the stairs with ease. The slim frame and sleek design also make hoover floor mate a good looking appliance that requires very minimal storage space so you can store it away safely when not in use.
How it works
The Floormate deluxe is designed for use on hard floors such as sealed hardwood, tiles, laminated, composite cement, marble, and linoleum and so on. It is equipped with SpinScrub brushes which as you can tell from the name, scrub your floors while being activated in a spinning motion. This technology agitates dirt and scrubs them off floors, making it easy to work on tough stains and dried waste. The brushes are located on a bar at the head of the machine and are completely detachable, making it easy for you to remove and clean them after use.
There are two cleaning modes: Wash mode and Dry mode. You can start your cleaning with the wash mode where the cleaning solution is released on to the surfaces and the brushes work on your floor while suctioning excess water. This method gently cleanses all dirt and removes stains from floors. This must be followed by using the dry mode where the device gives your floors a finishing touch. The brushes are stopped and all moisture is sucked up to reveal squeaky dry floors.
The dry mode is one of the best features on this product because unlike other water-based floor cleaners that only wash floors, the Floormate provides a drying action which eliminates any water streaks and gives the floors an extra shine. These features make this Floormate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner standout from other laminate floor vacuums.
Another trait that impressed us is the inclusion of two water tanks. One tank is used to hold clean water while the other contains dirty water. This allows you to use only clean water on your floors as the dirty water is stored separately in a different tank.
This hardwood floor cleaning machine comes with a bottle of cleaning detergent so you can get to work immediately and we recommend using the same kind of detergent (which can be purchased separately) every time for the best results. Solvent-based cleaning concentrates or wax may damage the inner parts of the appliance.
The tanks, brushes, and nozzle are all detachable and can be removed for hassle-free cleaning. It is important to keep all the hoover floormate deluxe parts in good condition so that the appliance lasts long and performs well. Assembling comes fairly easy with no complicated steps to follow so you can make use of your product as soon as it arrives at your doorstep.
- REMOVES GRIME AND STICKY MESSES: Easily and effectively clean everyday messes in high-traffic areas
- SHINES HARD FLOORS: And leaves them smelling fresh
- SAFE FOR USE ON SEALED FLOORS: including hardwood, vinyl, ceramic tile, laminate floors and area rugs
- CONCENTRATED FORMULA: For use in HOOVER ONEPWR FloorMate JET and FloorMate Series Machines
- MADE IN THE USA: With US and globally sourced ingredients
- Concentrated Solution - Powerful hard floor cleaning solution that removes and deodorizes everyday dirt and sticky messes
- Fresh Linen Scent
- Safe to treat stains and odors on sealed hardwood, vinyl, ceramic tile, laminate and marble floor surfaces
- Recommended for use with Hoover Floormate Hard Floor Cleaner Machines
- Phosphate Free and Septic Safe; Made in the U.S.A.
- New proprietary formula detergent deodorizes and enhances the performance on any natural stone, tile, granite, marble, or grout surface with no waxy buildup
- New Fresh Linen Scent
- Concentrated Formula - Use Less and Clean More
- Clean For All" - provides a great clean for any machine
- 100% Biodegradable, Non-Toxic, Phosphate Free, and Septic Safe; Made in the U.S.A.
Video Review: How to Use Hoover FloorMate Deluxe
Pros & Cons
- We love the fact that it instantly dries the floors after washing, which result in gleaming floors.
- Lightweight, therefore, can be carried up and down the stairs without user fatigue.
- Has two water separate tanks so you can use clean water on your floors every time.
- Has the option to control the amount of detergent required to clean specific areas with more or less concentrated dirt.
- Easy to clean and maintain with detachable parts.
- Fast working, cutting down cleaning time.
- This is a corded appliance so you get a lot of power and never have to worry about recharging batteries.
- A little noisy.
- Not suitable for use on carpets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does this clean around corners and along baseboards?
Prior sweeping or vacuuming is required when using this product as it does not sweep, it only scrubs, washes and dries floors. So to answer your question – not really, it can reach up to wall edges but the corners and alongside baseboards should be cleaned using a mop or cleaning cloth beforehand.
What is the cord length?
How well does it perform on tiled floors?
The Floormate deluxe will leave your tiled floor looking shiny and unbelievably clean from the very first use. Its brushes are specially designed to work on hard floors and they are gentle enough not to leave any scratches.
So, how you get our Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner FH40160PC Reviews? We must say that we loved this product. Most water-based floor cleaners work slow and some do not have enough power or the mechanism to deep clean but this product does an excellent job in scrubbing and cleaning floors until they are sparkling.
Hoover floormate deluxe hard floor cleaner is by far one of the best floor cleaners we have reviewed and it comes at an affordable price too. With one of these around, your home will look exceptionally clean and welcoming and your floors will be totally sanitized.