Bissell seems to be one of the better-liked manufactures of cleaning products and today we are going to have a complete Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940 Reviews, which is one of their popular models, to see what the hype is all about. At first glance, Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940 seems like a sleek looking device with some fancy-sounding features but what makes it different from other steam mops? Well, for one it is a product of convenience. It does not require much skill to operate and can be put to use as soon as it reaches your home.
The features are rather basic but essential and we feel that it is the simplicity of this product and its ability to do the job effectively is what makes it so popular among users. You can also check our other vacuums from the same brand that we reviewed. Check our full review on PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Vacuum which can change your mind to buy that one. The reviews on Bissell 2 in 1 stick vacuum might give you a dilemma to go for the perfect vacuum for you.
Table of Contents
Features of our Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940 Reviews
Bissell 1940 is a lightweight steam mop that can be used to reach under furniture and clean edges effectively. It weighs around 8.3 pounds (with an empty tank) so you won’t have any problems maneuvering it around your home with ease. It also requires very minimum space to store when not in use.
This Bissell steam mop comes with 3 steam settings so you can choose from low, medium and high – although we doubt the lower settings will come to much use as they tend to leave behind more water on surfaces after use. The high setting is what you are looking for because it produces just about enough steam to loosen and wipe of dirt – and we are not talking about cleaning up a large amount of dirt only. The high setting provides just the right amount of steam for any basic to deep cleaning.
Expect the mop to get soggy fast as it collects a good amount of steam. Having extra pads around may be useful in such conditions. Just as most steam mops leave behind faint steaks, this mop does the same but it is not too noticeable and will in no way make your floors look dull the only cleaner.
We have heard users complain about other steam mops not working on dried up dirt or tough stains but that problem does not exist with this product.
It comes with a built-in scrubber that you can flip down with your feet or hand when cleaning areas with the extra mess or dried dirt and the scrubber will gently wash away any stubborn filth without harming your floors. This is a great feature when you want to give your floors a deep cleaning as the scrubber reaches crevices and corners with hidden dirt.
You can expect decent power with the corded feature as you get a constant supply of power and uninterrupted performance. The cord is 23 feet long, allowing you to cover a good distance while mopping. There is also no need to charge the device, just plug and go.
The Bissell PowerFresh steam mop parts such as the water tank and mop pads are all removable, making it a very easy item to clean and handle. The water tank is located on top of the mop and comes off completely with no complications so you can take it anywhere for a refill like at the sink or to an outdoor tap. The two microfiber pads- one for everyday cleaning and one with the scrubber- can also be removed with ease and tossed in the washing machine whenever you need to have them washed.
No Chemicals Required
We love the fact that this steam mop does not require any extra harmful chemicals to clean your floors. Distilled or de-mineralized water can be used instead of tap water for the best results. You save a lot of money here as you don’t need to purchase any detergents and can sanitize floors using plain water only.
Usage and Maintenance
This is one of the easiest steam mops for laminate flooring to use with no complicated features or rules to follow. Simply fill in the tank with water, attach the desired pad, switch it on and select the setting for the water to heat up and the steam to form. You will have to wait 30 seconds for your steamer to be ready for use and once it is ready you will be notified with an indicator light so you can begin the mopping.
Maintaining this product takes very little effort too. You just have to keep the water tank and mop pads clean and occasionally change the filter as it collects all the dirt and fills up with nasty stuff. The beads inside the filter start to change color alerting you when it is time for a replacement.
It comes with Febreze spring breeze fragrance discs which you can insert into the pocket of the mop to release an aroma that will leave your home smelling fresh and totally sanitized. This is optional so you can skip it if you don’t like any extra fragrance.
- Includes 2 types of pads to fit your cleaning needs: (1) soft microfiber mop pad for everyday cleaning (1) soft microfiber mop pad with scrubbing strips for tough, stickier messes
- Includes 4 Spring BreezeFragrance Discs; leaves behind a fresh, clean scent as you steam mop
- Mop pads are infused with Microban; product protection to help prevent the growth of odor causing bacteria on the pad; Your mop pad will now stay cleaner and fresher between uses
- Designed with a quick-grip release tab for easier and cleaner mop pad removal
- Includes 2 types of pads to fit your cleaning needs:(1) soft microfiber mop pad for everyday cleaning(1) soft microfiber mop pad with scrubbing strips for tough, stickier messes
- Leaves behind a refreshing Eucalyptus Mint fragrance as you clean
- For use in all steam mops, all brands
- No dulling residue left behind
- No Harmful Fumes
- Fits Bissell Models 1940, 19402, 19408, 19409, 1940A, 1940F, 1940Q, 1940T, 1940W
- Bissell 203-8413
- Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop Cap and Insert
Video Review: Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop Instructions
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Removable water tank and mop pads
- Can reach and clean tight spots
- Built-in scrubber does a great job in removing dried dirt
- Includes two microfiber pads to suit the depth of your cleaning
- Long power cord
- Great for all kinds of hard floors
- 2-year limited warranty from Bissell
- Some customers have had problems with the water tank cap where it broke off within a short period
- No option to switch off steam, it will run continuously while the device is turned on
- The filter needs to be changed quite often
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do the mops last?
They can last for years as they are very thick and made from durable material. You will need to clean them after every use to increase their longevity.
Will this damage floors?
No. You can use this steam mop on sealed hardwood, tile, stone, marble, ceramic, linoleum and laminate flooring.
So, we hope our Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940 Reviews will give you an overall idea about this steam mop. After much discussion and research, we believe that the Bissell steam mop 1940 is no doubt one of the best steam mops that you can get for its price. It is a durable product that scores really high when it comes to quality and performance and we would recommend it to anyone interested in a good steam mop from a reputed brand.