Last Updated on
Today we are going to have a complete guide for the Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair. Are you someone sluggish who hate to clean up pet hair? Or too busy to give time on it?
The pet hair might give you a hard time to dwelling with, but don’t you think they shouldn’t be just there but inside a machine? You got it right. You actually need a vacuum because those hairs can be a very good reason to turn down your mood.
And now that you have already made up your mind for getting one, you might look for options to get the best one and the cordless one. Because duh! Cordless means freedom, who don’t like freedom?
So to help you out, I have listed some cordless vacuum for pet hair because a good vacuum cleaner actually sucks!
8 Best Cordless Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
We have reviewed 8 best cordless vacuums that are suitable for pet hair. Here you can see the list of the vacuum at a glance.
- SharkNinja SV780 Pet-Perfect II
- Holife 6KPA Handheld Vacuum Cordless
- Bissell 1782 Pet Hair Eraser
- Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless
- Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless
- Hoover BH50020PC Linx Signature Cordless
- Hoover BH52210 Cruise Ultra-Light
- Bissel 2390A Pet Hair Eraser
Comparison Table for Our Top 3 Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair
A vacuum cleaner might not vacuum all the mess from your life but it can possibly vacuum the debris from your pad. And if you are someone who lives around the pet, then getting yourself a vac becomes a must. And to pick up an option, you can think of this Pet-Perfect II from SharkNinja.
You will love the freedom of this cordless dustbuster since it can clean up all the dirty particles without any limit. Just a little disappointment is that it might fail to suck up airborne particles but that’s something you can avoid.
- The most powerful 18 volt cordless hand vacuum available
- Deep cleaning thanks to an extra-large detachable motorized brush for quick and easy cleanups of pet hair and ground-in dirt
- Light weight - making it perfect for your home, car, boat, or RV
- The versatility of a crevice tool, motorized brush, dusting brush and direct suction option - for easy cleaning on any surface
- An easily detachable and washable filter.Do not wash it in a washing machine or use a hair-dryer or other forced air to dry it
On a positive note, not only it can clean the hair up from carpet through its extra-large motorized pet brush, but also it can do the same from the bare floor.
The travel between the two surfaces is smooth as well. And in the end, all you can see is nothing but a neat and clean home.
Although it might give a different result when it comes to cleaning other sized particles, for the pet hair, you will find it the best. However, it’s important to ensure that the dust container is not excessively full as it will reduce the power of suction and it will not be able to collect heavier particles.
Also, another thing to take care is that the vac sometimes struggles to suck the fluffy pet hair properly so it gets wrapped around the brush sometimes. So you should be alert to that.
Twister Cyclonic Technology is another thing to love about this vac. This is the only reason for which it gets easier for the vac to deliver stronger suction. But the bulk side of the vac might make you sad.
It comes with bristle attachments but you will find it quite shorter and inconvenient. You will also get a replaceable filter. But since it might get easily clogged up so the un-washable trait can be a huge minus.
Pros & Cons
- Extra-large motorized pet brush to clean up pet hair from all the surface
- Easy to use
- Includes wall mount charging stand
- Easy to empty the bin
- The bristle attachment was shorter
- Might not collect airborne particles
- The filter is not washable
- Overfilled dust container might reduce the suction power
Don’t you want your home to look as happy as you are! Well, that’s different if you aren’t but why make your home look sad for this? If you think you need some change, kick it off from the home by getting yourself this great Holife 6KPA Handheld Cordless Vacuum.
It has almost all the traits that you can expect from the cordless vacuum. And this will obviously do that laudable. Coming with a 6KPA cyclonic suction indicates how much power it got.
Not only it can suck up all the unwanted stuff from your pad, especially those annoying pet hair, but also prove its ability with its 100 watts of power.
- 【6KPA POWERFUL CYCLONIC SUCTION】 Holife cordless handheld vacuum with multi-layer filter, 90~100W high performance motor provides a stable 6KPA strong cyclonic suction, good for daily quick pick ups. A smart choice for both car cleaning and home cleaning. (6KPa suction is powerful enough to pick up coins)
- 【3-in-1 VERSATILITY & DRY WET AMPHIBIOUS】 The handheld vacuum comes with 3 serviceable attachments for added versatility: Crevice tool for reaching debris in tight corners & spaces with ease; Dusting brush for easily picking up hair or dirt on delicate surfaces & upholstery; Liquid nozzle for cleaning unexpected liquid spills effortlessly. It can easily clean dust, debris, crumbs, pet hair, dog hair, cat hair, as well as liquids (Not more than 100ml)
- 【CORDLESS, LIGHT WEIGHT & PORTABLE】 Cord-free, hassle-free! The cordless vacuum dust cleaner is lightweight and portable to use. Free your movement and easy to clean stairs, kitchen, inside of your car, hard to reach corners, wall edges without bulky and tangled cords. HoLife cordless handheld vacuum HAS PASSED CE, ROHS and MSDS.
- 【LONG BATTERY LIFE & QUICK RECHARGING TECH】 Lithium battery can hold more energy per volume and confirmed to be Non-toxic, quicker recharge and no memory effect. With higher capacity and quick charge tech, Holife hand vacuum can run constantly for 30mins with a charge about 3~4 hours, which means you can clean your 1615 sq.ft room on a single charge. (Charging Stand Included)
- 【QUIETER SYSTEM】 Unobtrusive motor system enhances the overall cleaning experience by making the least noise. The hand vacuum with a removable translucent bag-less dirt bowl, you can easily check and empty dirt. It's 3.27 lbs and ergonomically designed which will help you escape from fatigue clean. (Comes with 2 Removable & Washable Filters)
Moreover, you will get three add-ons with the vac for exploring more versatility: Firstly liquid nozzle for sweeping up unwanted spills with ease. Secondly, brush for vacuuming pet hair on delicate areas.
And lastly crevice tool for sucking up dust from hard to reach places. So, this dude will be a multi-tasker all the way!
And as it is a cordless creature, it will be a hassle-less thing too. Not only that, but it also weighs light enough to make it convenient as well as portable.
Besides, its unobtrusive motor system is another feature to fall in love with. Because with this, you can have a quiet and tranquil operation which you might not have with other models.
Charging time would be a trouble since it would eat up 4 hours just to get charged. But the runtime is kind of amazing about it. You can clean a bigger room on just a single charge. And this is a rare feature to find out in any other rivals.
It will also get you a detachable dirt bowl so you can collect all the contents at once and empty it soon after you are done. Although the bowl might come smaller than you expect, it is manageable.
Pros & Cons
- Amazing for sucking up dust particles as well as hair
- Includes 3 add-ons
- The unobtrusive motor system makes it a quieter model
- Weighs light and convenient
- Takes 4 hours to charge
- The shape of the handle is a bit awkward
Pet hair eraser, the name says it all. So, if you wish to have something that will erase all the pet hair from all the surfaces, then you can consider getting this 1782 model from Bissell.
This particular eraser comes as a cordless and knows how to get the job done by getting as much power as 14.4 volts. With its motorized foot, it will make the suction so effective that you will be able to experience deep cleaning from the unit.
So no matter where your pet moves around, the shedding won’t be a trouble anymore.
- BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser hand vacuum is cordless, to clean wherever your pet goes
- Motorized foot provides powerful suction for a deeper clean. Power Rating : 14.4 Volts
- Crevice tool helps clean hard-to-reach areas and tight spaces. Telescoping Extension Wand
- Upholstery tool cleans soft surfaces and furniture with felt by attracting more pet hair; Easy-to-Empty dirt bin to help get rid of pet hair easily
- Dual-action filtration system; Includes one-year limited warranty; Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.7 L
1782 comes with a crevice tool that will help you clean the areas that are quite harder to reach. And its telescoping extension wand with 5 inches wide pick-up head also come handy. In addition to this, you will also get the tool to use on upholstery so it can give you a great range of clean up area.
The dust is easy to clean, yet needs to be emptied after every session. Moreover, the vac got dual-action filtration system and it’s nothing new that it comes with a non-washable filter.
But it can suck really well and the lightness of the unit makes it even easier to do that. It’s just the battery that you might hate having as it dies really fast.
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Erase the pet hair easily
- Powerful suction
- Motorized foot
- Comes with add-ons
- Can clean all surface area
- Not ideal for collecting heavier and bigger debris
- Non-washable filter
- Needs to empty the bin after every session
- Battery dies fast
- Longer charging time
Having spaghetti at once is only possible if you suck it all like a vacuum cleaner. And a good cleaner is the one that can do so at one go. And such a vacuum cleaner is Dyson V8 Absolute.
Just like most of the models, V8 has been built with a handheld base clipped to a wand. There is a trigger that does almost everything to make it work. It lets you hold the vac. in such a handy way so you can squeeze it up with ease.
Moreover, there is also a bin release tab that will help you open up the 0.14-gallon bin and empty it quick. The stick also got a few connecting points as the base got. So you can swap the unit from long stick to smaller tool of vac. and use the way you want.
Being a cord-free dust buster, it indeed is hassle-free. And its powerful suction gives a strong push to help the unit perform more perfectly. Having said that, the V8 would love to clean up your home through a variety of processes.
However, it counts on the tool clipped to the vac. If you use it as a stick vac, it will offer motorized brush roll cleaning.
As a result, it will work to lift the debris out of the bare floor and the carpet as well. Besides, it will also give soft roller cleaning so it can roll over bigger debris and collect them all without them tossing around.
The plus point is that you won’t be finding any bristles on the brushes, so it works like a pro. HEPA filtration is another bonus that takes up allergens and flushes out cleaner air.
However, it requires about 4 hours of charging. But you might wish to have a battery for an easy swap. But this unit does not offer that.
Pros & Cons
- Cleans out home in several processes
- Can convert itself from stick to handheld
- A trigger to make it handy
- HEPA filtration for fresh air
- Powerful suction motor
- 4 hours of charging
- Does not have a battery for swap
The day you start thinking about cleaning your home becomes the working day for vacuum cleaners. And if you want to employ one of them, then this Dyson V7 can be a cool pick. It happens to be a lighter option with just weighing about 4 pounds.
The best part about this model is that it comes with cyclonic cylinders as well as 100-watts of power. These two factors make the vac. so strong that even the tiniest dust will not be able to run off its clutch.
You will get 2 modes of power to make it work: One is low for vacuuming hardwood surfaces and one is high for carpeting ones.
- Cord free, Hassle free, Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it's cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in MAX mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
All the contents will get stored into the 0.14 gallons bin that you can empty it with just a use of the thumb. Moreover, you can take off the arm for converting the V7 from stick frame to smaller handheld unit for vacuuming small spaces.
You can also take off the head to shoo away all the cobwebs from each and every corner of the home. To highlight more, it does all the task quietly and gives you a chill pill.
Moreover, it is also able to take particles like pet hair easily be it from stairs, carpet, and bare floors as well. But one disappointing thing is that it might not be able to suck bigger debris that makes it a little imperfect. Other than that, it’s really a cool vac. to have.
And since it is cordless, you will get all the convenience to use it with freedom. Although, it might stay behind the V8 version due to a lot of lesser perks than the V8 has but it still manages to do a great job.
Pros & Cons
- Lesser charging time
- Able to collect dust particles as well as pet hair
- Dustbin can be emptied with a tap
- Does the job quietly
- Sleek design
- Comes with wall mount
- Able to clean corners
- Can deep clean carpets
- The runtime is lesser than V8
- A little pricey
- Not ideal for big house
- Might struggle with bigger debris on the bare floor
Wanna hover your home? Is cat shedding making you go nuts and you are hating that? Why not get yourself a Hoover? Exactly, the Hoover BH50020PC Linx Signature Cordless or I can say, BH50020PC.
As the whole article is about the best cordless vacuum for pet hair, so you can say that the piece will be cordless. The next thing that can strike you is its low profile design. Having such a design is a big plus for the people because they can suck up the dirt from hard to reach areas with ease.
And it also helps you in maintaining cleanliness all over the places. Hence, design-wise it gets some good score. Another plus is its wheels, the bearings will surely give you a better feel.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At 10 pounds this vacuum cleaner is easy to clean effortlessly
- MULTI FLOOR CLEANING: Easily transition from carpet to hardwood floors
- WINDTUNNEL TECHNOLOGY: Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: Lies flat to reach under hard-to-clean furniture
To talk about its cleaning performance, I can say it’s wonderful. It indeed is able to provide great cleaning performance with its WindTunnel technology.
And this is a kind of tech that can give you a great time through the efficient capability of cleaning. You can also expect the same while deep cleaning the carpet and collecting all the hair or other stuff from it.
However, you should also know that it has just been made for picking up smaller or thinner dust particle. So if you got a pet in your house, it might clean up the shedding but might fail to collect the pet litters.
As for the dust cup, there is nothing different to talk on. But yes, you must note that the kind of dust cup BH50020PC comes with, you might find yourself emptying it after each damn use.
So, cleaning after every 20 minutes session can be a little painful. And it also indicates lesser runtime of the unit which can be called another drawback. But among all the minuses, the plus one is its performance and you can’t deny that.
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Offers great cleaning performance with WindTunnel technology
- Can suck up pet hair as well
- Comes with better wheel bearings
- Comes with washable filter
- Might not clean the pet litters properly
- Smaller dust cup
- Lesser runtime
Vac should be something that will suck up all the negative but will offer nothing. And by nothing, it certainly means no dust particle. And getting such a weapon can be so peaceful, you will realize it once you grab this BH52210 model from Hoover.
Firstly the tendency of being cordless, there is no chance to not get impressed about. And to highlight more convenience, I must say that it’s enough to light to not give you any pain. Come on, it’s just 4.7 pounds and that cannot be called heavy eh?
- Lightweight - at only 4.7 lbs. It's easier than ever to clean up, down and all around
- Reach anywhere cleaning - long slim pole reaches up high for cleaning shelves and ceiling fans
- 2 in 1- Removable hand vac is great for cleaning small messes and tight spaces
- Multi floor capabilities - transition from hard flooring to area rugs and low pile carpeting with just the push of a button
- Includes a battery charger, crevice tool, dusting brush, upholstery tool and a wall mount for easy storage
And if you look at its performance, you are going to love it. It is able to reach such areas that most of the vacs fail, and you will find yourself nothing but getting spellbound. Its long pile pole can also get around higher areas be it the top of shelves or ceiling fans, it will clean them efficaciously.
Another thing that will impress you is its 2 in 1 trait. You can use it as a stick vac or a handheld one, the choice is all yours. Not only that, but it is also able to travel easily from hardwood to rug with low pile. To make it happen, it will just need a push of a button.
The capacity of dust cup is still trouble as you will need to keep on emptying it after every session. You might also hate detaching the add-ons because it is that much tough job to do. But no doubt, it is indeed the best cordless vacuums you can get for your home.
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Able to suck up all the dust particle
- Can travel easily from bare floor to rug
- Can turn itself from stick to handheld
- Can clean up hard to reach places
- Lesser runtime
- Needs to empty dustbin after every use
- The power head is too small
- The detachment of accessories is harder than it should be
This is another cool eraser you can get for vacuuming the hair from the same brand Bissel. Although it has been listed in the last it is still one of the best cordless vacuum for pet hair you can get.
Have all the hair of yours and your pet removed by this great vacuum as it can do the job smoothly with its motorized brush tool. The performance is surely amazing but that’s just in case of sweeping the pet hair.
Being a dust buster, it is although expected to clean up all kinds of particles you cannot actually expect much from it.
- Buy BISSELL, save pets. BISSELL will donate $5 for each Pet Hair Eraser Li Ion Purchase, upon activation
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion battery
- 14V lithium ion battery for lithium powered cleaning; Dirt Cup Capacity: 0.7 Litres
- Large, easy to empty dirt bin to help get rid of pet hair easily. Triple level filtration to help improve cleaning performance
- Set of specialized pet tools includes: motorized brush tool, upholstery tool, and crevice tool
However, the plus point is its cleaning session, could be for a smaller time but you are going to love it. Additionally, the unit also possesses a triple-level filtration system so it can help enhance the performance and delivers amazing results.
And the dustbin also is quite large which makes it easier to deal with longer session and empty the containerless frequently.
Just like most of the models, the unit also comes with a set of three tools: Crevice, Upholstery and Motorized brush. And it needs not to say that they work to make it more versatile so you can experience cleaning session at a different level.
Although there is a lot of positive stuff to talk about this vac, yet it got one bad trait which is a longer charging time. So you might have to wait for long to get it recharged once it runs out of battery.
Pros & Cons
- Amazing suction power to suck pet hair
- Comes with three tools for versatility
- Big bin to empty it less frequently
- A triple-level filtration system for good cleaning performance
- Easy to use
- Gets hours to get fully charged
- Might not be ideal for cleaning bigger and heavier debris
The Buying Guide
Features to Weigh Up
Suction Skill and Scout
Power of suction is an obvious trait that must be listed down while looking for a vac. It could be a tricky performance factor to measure. But that doesn’t mean you will go for more wattage power because it won’t indicate having powerful suction.
Better you look for information regarding water lift and airflow capacity that will define how quickly and powerfully the air will move through the machine.
You can also measure suction power counting on the capacity of the brush head that will loosen the dust particles from the carpet and collect them. For this, the size of the head opening is also a big factor to think on.
But above all, if you want to maintain performance, you will need to make sure that you will keep on cleaning up or replacing the parts such as brush heads, filters or canister over time.
One of the most important parts of vacuum cleaner is the capacity of canister or dust bag. It determines how often you will be required to stop the operation and head for emptying the bin to re-do it.
A dustbin is a place that stores all the dust that the vac will suck up and it should be big enough to have it emptied less frequently so you can clean up your home with no trouble.
The filtration system is a kind of critical trait but you cannot keep it out of the list. The systems tend to keep the dust from getting flung to the air. However, if the filter gets clogged up somehow, it will have a great impact on the suction by reducing its power.
Most of the cordless vacs come with replaceable HEPA filters. They are not the only budget-friendly but also easy to replace when the filter faces such issue. There are many filters that are washable as well, but that can be called both the positive and negative side of the vac.
Negative because it adds more work to your effort. And positive because of no more expenses on replaceable filters.
There is another option you can think of choosing which is a multi-stage or cyclonic filtration system. They are very efficient when it comes to erasing dust especially pet hair. But they might come with mechanical trouble as well that you would hate having it.
Obviously, you would not go for something that will be bulkier in size and heavier in weight. Because cordless vacs might add convenience to your work but if you get one heavy and bulky then it will add double inconvenience.
However, if you think you cannot handle the weight of a handheld vacuum cleaner, then you can go for stick ones. Vacuums like the canister ones come with a very lightweight and although you might not like the weight of the canister.
Add-ons Add Up
Many cordless vacuum cleaners offer different kinds of add-ons that give you the power to switch each of them for different purposes. While some can be used on carpets or on upholstery, some can be used on areas that are hard to reach.
They are not that essential but you might love to have the bonus. Because they bring the versatile side of the cleaner and who does not like that!
Better Battery for Betterment
The battery is one factor that you cannot even dare to miss out. It determines how long you can run the cleaner and how long you will need to wait for getting it fully recharged.
Most of the cordless batteries last from half an hour to an hour on a single charge but they require a lot of time to get fully recharged. So, if you think you are cool with it, you can opt for such a machine.
But somewhere you might wish to have something that will at least give better session time and will get recharged quickly as well. And such kind of machine does exist.
Although they might not give an hour runtime of the cleaning session, it can manage to give a decent time to finish the session, at least a room. So, go for batteries that will be durable and will offer a decent battery life and charging time.
Why Say Yes to Cordless Cleaners?
Because it’s obvious that they are cordless and they can give the most convenient that other corded rivals barely can. They will give you the freedom and you do not even have to move around the electrical outlet for continuing your session.
They will allow you to erase all the pet hair in a very different way. You can also clean up the areas that are harder to reach.
It will also take lesser time and since most of them come lightweight, you will not find trouble using it.
Why Say No to Cordless Cleaners?
Most of the cordless vacuums come with pricier tags. So you will barely find them cheap.
Lesser Cleaning Session
They might not give as much cleaning session as corded ones can. And since cordless banks on the batteries, so you might find it a trouble to keep on recharging it and waiting for it to get charged up so you can re-use it back.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it possible to use cordless vacuums while charging?
A: There are many vacuum cleaners that are charged by the battery that is already clipped to the wall. If you have one like this, then it will not be possible to use the machine while charging.
However, if you get one which is handheld then you can use it with an AC plug while it will charge the unit. But such kind of plugs come very short, so it will be impossible for you to go far and use it. And it will also end up damaging both the battery and the charger.
Q: What is the runtime and charging time of such vacuum cleaners?
A: Some of the cordless vacuums take a lot of time to charge but that mostly depends on the runtime of the battery life. Maximum runtime means longer charging session. So if you get one that gives you an hour of a cleaning session, they will take 3 to 4 hours to get charged.
On the other hand, there are many cleaners that come with 20 minutes or lesser runtime but they get recharged pretty quick within an hour or two. So the choice is all yours.
Having a pet brings a lot of trouble since their shedding makes the house all messier. And cleaning them with the corded machine is never a good idea as it limits the boundary.
For this, you will need something cordless so you can clean all the messiness without any boundaries. And since I have mentioned all the best cordless vacuum for pet hair, it will now be easier for you to get one for yourself.